Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First Day, First Run

I have been extremely dilenquent over the past year or more at starting a regular running program.  So of course I signed myself up for Marathon number 3, the San Antonio Rock and Roll Marathon.  Now I am trying to take training seriously.

When I ran past marathons, I was in running groups where I had regular appointments I HAD to keep.  Now, I cannot find a good group to go running with.  I am supposed to start running with Corpus Christi Road Runners this coming weekend, but I need to check.

This morning's run was good.  Felt good after the initial half mile or so and felt strong at the end.  What I need to remember tomorrow is how energized I felt today as opposed to other days and make my lazy ass get out of bed.  The sunrise was beautiful over the cornfields.  Yes.  I run by cornfields. Oy gewalt.

I have a calendar printed, a stolen basic plan from Runner's World and a spot in the San Antonio marathon.  With the Texas heat never really ending, I need to stay hydrated.  My weekday runs are short and easy, with weekend LSD.  I also need to get a good amount of speedwork in if I am going to improve my time from the last marathon.

This morning a retarded man cheered for me from his busstop.  I ran faster.  Maybe I was encouraged by the cheer, maybe I wanted to avoid a retarded guy.  In any case I can now say I've run faster due to coyotes and a retarded man.  Here's to Texas running.

No comments:

Post a Comment