Sunday, July 31, 2011

On the Road Again

Yesterday I did my first long run in a long time.  8 miles.  8 long arduous miles.  Started off feeling strong with a good pace but I think mile 6 was my first walk break.  About 3-4 walk breaks total.  BUT, I finished.  With the walk breaks the time ended up being about 9 minute miles, making me think that initial pace was OK.  Bad news: definitely lost steam.  Good news: no joint pain.

That is until today.  Muscle soreness, stiff back. Slight pain during movement in my right hip. Not fun. I'm trying to decide between stretches, pain killers or a combination of the two.  Hoping it is muscle pain and not anything with the back or joints, but time will tell.  Need to do 10 or 12 next week and keep pushing it if I'm going to make the 26.2.  The heat is the biggest enemy and yesterday it was not a problem.  I'm glad I went yesterday and not today because it is ridiculously hot and humid.

To prep for next week I think I'll need some gels, and next week I take water with me.

For the week, I need to press and get a few early morning runs in.  There's officers meeting at 0530 on base, but I'm not sure I can get up at 0500 just yet.  I guess we'll see on Tuesday.

Also: I'm trying to figure out the mystery of my fluctuating weight.  ON Thursday, I weighed 150.  Immediately after the run, I weighed 140.  Before bed last night, 145.  How does one fluctuate 10 pounds in 24-48 hours?

No comments:

Post a Comment