Saturday, September 10, 2011

Two weeks- Ups and Downs

As I sit, I sit, I sit,
My legs they feel, they feel like shit

Maybe do you wonder how?
18 miles, no stops OW!

They didn't hurt until the end,
And now there's pain with every bend.

But now I sit with a great run done
Who the fuck convinced me this was FUN?

OK stupid poem written in post-run delirium of a lactic acid trip.  SO after the long run two weeks ago, I decided I needed a weekend "off".  Work stuff got in the way the week before last and I did not do well with maintenence runs.

But last weekend I got 5 miles in at a 7:20 min/mile pace or so, which was good.  This week, just one maintencen run, again pretty quick, but I was pissed I didn't get any more in. 
Today was good though!  Started strong with little pain for most of the run.  The weather cooperated and I think now that I have half a power bar, star bursts and gu just in case, I keep the energy level up.  One issue was that today I had no water left by the end.  I had some on the last mile but that does not bode well for future training.  I am not sure where or how I'll get more water.  Maybe bring money to buy some at a stripes???  This is where running with a group could be helpful.

In any case, I'm on  a decent track.  I need to get better with maintenance runs, and I'll have to go every weekend with a 20 miles or more until mid-October now, but I should be OK.  I think I earned meself some good beers today and a sleep in tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment