Monday, August 8, 2011

10 er, 9.5 miles. DOH!

Ran Sunday instead of Saturday, however, slept in on Sunday as well.  Not the best idea. It was hot and got hotter as the run went on.  One improvement was bringing water.  It did help but it still wasn't great.  Definitely plodded along most of the time. 

My biggest concern is running out of steam at the end.  I keep running out of energy.  I think I need to research how to get better endurance because this is daunting.  This week will need at least one speed workout this week.  I am hoping that will bring me back a bit.  I do need to find a way to get better endurance.  I think after this week I may not increase the mileage but plateau for a weekend to maintain.  Unfortunately nothing funny happened.  Or if something did happen, I was too out of it to notice.

It got so hot I prayed for the clouds to blow in front of the sun for a moment of "shade".  Crazy. Oy.  I'll keep up the maintenance runs this week and try for a speed run this week.  I just need to get up early enough to get to the track on base.  Must keep the press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment